11.09.2009

Fall Down Go Boom Get Ant Bite

It's been such a rough couple of weeks for my little Laneybug! First we're in the ER removing apple from her little nose and now she has an "Ant bite". At least that's what she's calling it! There is no ant bite! Unless she's the ant.
I walked in from the grocery store to find Laney sitting on the dining room table and Mr. HTB sitting in the dining room chair with and ice pack on Laney's lower lip. Apparently she tried to climb up on the counter height bar stool in the dining room, slipped and bit through her lower lip. There are 2 perfect bite marks just under the lip line on her bottom lip and a scratch down the center of her little chin.
My poor baby keeps coming up to me, shows me her lip and says "Ant Bite Mommy" and then puts her lip out for me to kiss it and make it better.
My poor peanut! I feel so bad for her. I'm telling you....they're making me old!

11 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness.. That girl is getting a crash course in boo boo! Thank goodness she has Mom and Dad to help her get thru it. You need a mini-vacation. Come over and have a glass of champaign and a sandwich. Keri www.samwich365.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter just did the same exact thing last week (well, she tripped over her own feet and face planted into a stereo speaker, but she has the same injuries)!!! Is your daughter about 18 months or so? I'm told it's quite common at that age. Mine also got a nice scrape on her chin to go along with the bite marks. I on the other hand, got a nice big (I'm talking MONSTROUS) zit on my chin this weekend to match her scrape. We look like quite the pair. I am going to be 30 in August and this is the second biggest zit I've ever had (the biggest occurred a few weeks ago!). I kind of want to punch my pores right now, because shouldn't this sort of thing have ended, oh, 14 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww poor Laney! When it rains - it pours! Makes you wanna go out and buy a helmet- or put them in a bubble to keep them out of harm;o)My daughter got a nice shiner on her eyebrow yesterday (she missed a step). I think they get over it wayyy before we do;o)

    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pooy Laney! Lucy fell into her high chair the other day and gave herself a black eye... I've been afraid to take her out in public for fear of the looks I would get! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear! I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, oh, oh. So sweet. I can just picture that in my mind. Poor baby! Poor momma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, what is it with us climbing little toddlers! I can tell you that I have attempted that same maneuver with nearly the same result. Poor little Laney, indeed!

    BlogBaby

    P.S. Is it just me or does your little Laney look a bit like me?? In all the best and cutest kinds of ways, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh poor little baby!! get better little one :) Hope you are well mama! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHERE ARE YOU? Have you abandon your blog? :(

    ReplyDelete

Ohh ~ I'm so excited to hear what you think of this post! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Comments = Love

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.