6.09.2010

Cheeky Umbrella Review

About a year ago I stumbled across the Cheeky Umbrella website when I wrote this post and fell in love with what I found on their website.

WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!, I thought.
HOW CUTE ARE THESE?, I said aloud.
I WANT ONE!, I declared.

I contacted the company to offer a review of their product only to find out that I had inquired a little too late and that they had met their quota for product review for 2009. But I didn't give up hope and this year as the rainy season approached I contacted them again and was so excited to be chosen to do a review of these adorable umbrellas! But not as excited as I was today when I returned home to find a delivery on my doorstep! IT WAS HERE! THE UBER CUTE AND TOO COOL CHEEKY UMBRELLA ~ all the way from Canada!

To give you a little background on Cheeky Umbrella you first have to meet the fantastic Jen Zurowski the founder and designer of Cheeky Umbrella.
That's her under one of her umbrellas.

" The idea [for Cheeky Umbrella] came out of my own needs and wants actually. When I first moved to Vancouver in 2001, I was commuting on transit to work downtown , so I was looking for an umbrella with good quality and a cute design. Unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for, and when I talked to my female friends and colleagues, I found that they had the same frustration in finding an umbrella. I've always had an entrepreneurial spirit, so this idea stuck with me until I was ready and able to make the jump to self-employment. I researched the idea over the many years that followed and launched Cheeky umbrella in September 2008."

"I work together with a wonderfully talented graphic designer, Cynthia Merriman, on the designs and I write the "cheeky" lines myself. The colours, designs and statements are all created with intention of brightening a rainy day. Rainy days don't have to be grey and gloomy! I believe you can (and should!) look and feel as fabulous on rainy days as you do on sunny ones!"
And who can argue with that?! These umbrellas are made superbly! And have a lifetime warranty!
Cheeky Umbrella sells GOLF, KIDS, LONG, COMPACT & BRIDAL umbrellas to suit any one's need! With easy open buttons and really "cheeky" sayings & cute designs the burden of carrying an umbrella is gone! Jen sent me the adorable "Muddy Enough!" Kids Umbrella for Jake & Laney to review and let me tell you. They couldn't wait to get their hands on it. It's the perfect weight for kids (and adults) and I will be ordering another one for Laney!
AND AS SOON AS IT STARTS RAINING AGAIN I'LL BE POSTING SOME PICTURES OF OUR NEW CHEEKY UMBRELLA IN ACTION!
Thank you Jen and Cheeky Umbrella for the opportunity to review your product!

2 comments:

  1. Those are indeed adorable umbrellas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great, creative gift idea ... Of course, I kind of want one for myself now, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ohh ~ I'm so excited to hear what you think of this post! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Comments = Love

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.