9.18.2009

What The?!

Every afternoon I put Jake & Laney down for their nap and quickly jump into the blog world. What? There are dishes to be done....eh, they can wait! There's laundry to be washed...eh, it can wait! I should vacuum and dust...eh, it can most surely wait!


So today I'm navigating my way through the world of blogs when I come across a blog called "Keeping the Home Fires Burning" . It's a sweet little blog and the author is someone that I could probably sit down with and have a few laughs with. In her last post she talks of her European Cousin who participates in {as the author says}.......wait for it.......

EXTREME IRONING!

You have got to be kidding me! Extreme Ironing? The definition of EI is "Extreme Ironing (or EI) is an extreme sport and a performance art in which people take an ironing board to a remote location and iron items of clothing". Even though the author told me that she indeed googled it and it's for real I had to google it for myself! There is actually a website dedicated to it. Now, what I would like to know is can we call anything a sport? Apparently we can. If we put the word Extreme in front of it.

Personally I'd rather participate in Extreme Sitting or Extreme Sleeping.
OR EVEN BETTER EXTREME SHOPPING!

Why anyone would pick a chore and make it a sport I have no idea. These Europeans are pretty crafty. Off the cuff, to say the least!

Ah, let's just all get together and have an Extreme Car Picnic!
{said in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice}

2 comments:

  1. I love the car picnic idea. You know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh extreme shopping sounds fun.. dh would say I already have that mastered though. hee hee! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Ohh ~ I'm so excited to hear what you think of this post! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Comments = Love

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.