8.23.2010

The BIG day!

For weeks now every time we'd drive past Jake & Laney's pre-school I'd hear (almost in unison) "There my scoo Mommy!" Each time it was said with sweet excitement and anticipation. I would respond with "Yep and pretty soon you'll be there playing on the playground with all your new friends!" They couldn't wait! We couldn't wait! We got new sneakers, our first lunch boxes and made plans of what we would wear on the big day. And then we counted down the days....
To today!

{our first ~ first day of school picture}


{I couldn't resist!}


{The sweetest thing I've ever seen....Jake grabs his sister's hand as
they cross the threshold into a new world together..... *tear*}


{Laney & Jake ran to Miss Whitney and gave her a big hug}

{And just for fun....Jake's face says it all}

It was a happy day filled with so much excitement that
I'm both sad and proud all at the same time!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Mama! Our big days are tomorrow (1st Grade) and Th (Preschool)...I'm welling up just typing about it! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B&B. Good luck to you guys too! Let me tell you I teared up and had a huge lump in my throat. It's an amazing feeling being a Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day, Nicole! Thanks for sharing with all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Ohh ~ I'm so excited to hear what you think of this post! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Comments = Love

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.