1.19.2010

Hoity Toity R & R!


I haven't blogged in a while. I think I'm still trying to recover from our trip to ATL & DFW. I have been doing some thinking and I have closed Hoity Toity Baby until May of 2010. I want to take some time away from worrying about all the orders I'm NOT receiving and come up with some new ideas for the store. I have been thinking of moving into the world of children's decor, stuffed toys and dress up costumes and adding some more items that I can make and inventory. I have had a few inquires about wholesale but the quantities that stores are interested in require more hands in the mix. I am only one person and with 2 1/2 year old twins and I simply can't produce the large amount of items myself. I would love to have someone to work on all of this with. Another creative person to sit with on weekends and create with. Mr. HTB keeps telling me I need to look into having the clothing manufactured.....I honestly don't know where in the world to begin with that one. A while ago I contacted a fabric store to inquire where I would be able to find more unique fabrics and materials only to be told {in not so many words}that type of information was not something that is shared. And to be quite honest I was taken aback by the curtness of the conversation. I didn't know that this industry was so tight lipped. Oh well.
So maybe this is what I need. To take a step back, re~evaluate & rest a bit. Now, if I can get Mr. HTB to take me on a weekend get away... just the two of us. I could clear my mind and start my little sabbatical off right!

9 comments:

  1. I can hardly believe that you are leaving just when I found you, sniff.
    I bet Dominica from Faces and Places of Antwerp could give you some helpful hints with your venture; she's the owner of Oh Deer! (children's boutique). She's a gem of a girl, be sure to tell her that I sent you. Hugs. xo d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that hubby of yours takes you away on a super amazing weekend get a way! I am sure that is exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your rest and YOUR FAMILY. I am so glad you are doing what's best for you. That is so important and so many bloggers are doing that this year; I love it :) We will all still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go somewhere warm...if there is such a place anymore... :o)

    My best, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get discouraged! Get a good rest and then come back revitalized! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're smart to give yourself some time. But not too much or you'll lose your momentum. I wish I were in a position to be of help. Creativly, and more importantly, financially. Or maybe I could teach you what I know about spelling. LOL. anyway, take the pressure off is smart. But don't stop creating, you can't afford that luxury. HEAR?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well i am still waiting on my order from October. What am i supposed to do now ? Melissa Bamsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, I have sent your item and as a matter of fact I found the original fabric that you wanted at a store last week and made the dress as originally requested. In addition to that I added a set of Hoity Toity Burp Cloths and a onesie for your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. While i am sad you are stepping away for the time being, i'm so happy for you that are you doing what is best for you.. Sometimes a step back can lead to 5 steps forward! A break, a fresh mind and a piece of mind with a clear path is best. Let me know if i can help at all!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Ohh ~ I'm so excited to hear what you think of this post! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Comments = Love

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.